Friday, October 07, 2005

 

Golf and paintball

Last weekend was a blast. It started off Saturday morning with hitting golfballs at the range. A huge bucket of balls me my son and his grandfather. I started off weak. I wasn’t even hitting them more then 175yrds. For me that’s bad. So I thought back to the last time I had played golf. I set my feet, consentrated on my back swing. Slowly 175 turned to 200. I started to work on my swing plane making sure it was straight up and down. 225. I swung harder I was hitting 1 of 10 straight. But the ones that were going straight were going really far. I ended the day hitting 250-300 yards. It was great.

I came home had dinner. Then it was off to the movies. We went to see “The Best Game Ever Played” it was good movie to watch especially after hitting the heck out of the ball. You start to having dreams of grandeur. As we watched the movie I thought perhaps I could play professional golf. Then I reality like and anvil on Wiley Coyote’s head I’m brought back to where I recognize that’s never going to be me. It fun to dream through.

Sunday morning I got up to breakfast made by my wife. Then off for an afternoon of paintball. That was a lot of fun. It started off slow. We played wood ball that was a bit boring as I was out in the first 15 to 20 minutes of the game. It took both teams another 20 - 30 minutes to find everyone. So I just stood around waiting.

Then we moved to the speed course. It was great you could see where both teams started. The guns had the range of the course. I mean that you had no problem hitting the bad guys in their base from your base. Because it was only 2 on 2 it made it easier to keep track of all the players. Couple time I had to run and slide on my big butt. I left with a burse but it was a lot of fun. After five days without it I’m totally jones-ing for another go at paint ball. I look forward to the new weekend with great anticipation.

Zane Thor

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?