Monday, September 19, 2005

 

Sons of Provo, Saints and Soldiers

I love to watch movies at the theatre or even on dvd. This weekend I picked up Son's of Provo and "Saints and Soldiers". I picked up Sons because of a cd I have had for almost a year. I really enjoyed listening to the music and laughing out loud at the crazy lyrics and even the spoof of other artist. IE MEM Snoop dog in their styles.

So Saturday I went out to the video store and picked up "Sons of Provo". Thinking if they made these great songs perhaps they could do a great movie. I guess doing both is very difficult. Because the movie was funny at times but just wasn't as funny as it could have been. I think they should have focused on how they were able to write the songs that would have been funnier. Consider Will the egotistical guy entering into a new ward meeting a “nice girl” Trying hard to tell her he was not interested. After several attempts that seem to fail miserable. Scenes like having a picnic on temple grounds, or her invitation to meet her very excited parents. Will is faced with the only option he believes will work a song. After trying one last time he finally tells her I have written you a song. With guitar in hand he sings this great romantic song that says he doesn’t see anything but a friend. What makes it even funnier is she doesn’t hear the song for what it is, she know only that this guy wrote her a song. Oh My goodness that would be hilarious. Any way other then thinking how I could have made it funnier I didn’t think it was that funny. However you should pick up the sound track the songs are done well and are very funny.

I also watched “Saints and Soldiers”. A World War II movie about 5 soldiers caught behind enemy lines. I thought this movie was great. It’s everything you think a movie should be. It had action and the story was excellent. By mid film you understand the character enough to care what happens to them. The actors did an excellent job drawing you into each character. The cinematography was great, everything screamed authentic. I also like the relationship between each character. You start to understand why each person is where they are, how they got there. By the end of the film your hoping for each person to make it home. It shows the cruelty of war. The finality of death even the caring of those whose would not be dragged down into a pit by the dogs of war. Like I said I really liked the movie. If you can check it out.

Comments:
Got your comments in my blog, from yesterday. No, I'm not sure who you are. But I'm sure you didn't use Zane_thor in high school. ;) We can talk, you have me curious now. LOL! How did you find my blog?
 
I read your blog here. Joe? Are you Joe?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?