Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

The nature of God

Yesterday I was looking at a couple of post about religion on a forum I enjoy reading. (OCS/hatrack.com). People were talking about the nature of god. At first it started off Weather god was omnipotent. A couple of people were saying of course he is. Then some said no he is only as powerful as he is willing to obey the rules. Quoting scripture ”Now the work of justice could not be destroyed: if so God would cease to be God.” so the questions still remains are we talking about an omnipotent being or not?

Now here’s where I start having questions. First off we all know that God is Omnipotent. But more importantly how does knowing this get us closer to him? I mean think about it, does knowing that, "God knows all" help me deal with my wife and her attitude today? Does it help me deal with the people at work who are dealing with thier own major problems in life? Does it help me talk to my children with kindness and with an eye that recognizes their eternal possibility?

The answer to that questions is NO. It doesn’t. What helps me get through the things I mentioned are scriptures that say, “take heed to yourselves: if thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him: and if he repent forgive him.” Luke 17:3 or in Matthew 22:36-39 when the Pharisees ask lord what is the greatest commandment. And Jesus answered him with “love the lord they god with all of your heart might mind and strength. The second it like unto it. Love they neighbor as thy self.”

It’s these things that teach me how to act. Although I still don’t know the nature of god. What I do know is the nature of man as it correlates to God. Be nice to each other, Of all things that’s what is most important. You must love God and love each other its critical to our succes and happiness. If we can learn these things perhaps there is more in store for us to learn but until then let’s keep working on the basics.

Let's not break our backs rolling the big stones. There are so many small stones that help us achieve a greater sense of success within ourselves.

Zane Thor

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?