Friday, September 23, 2005

 

Friends

I enjoy talking to old friends. In the last month I have made an effort to talk to several “old friends”. People, who for some reason or another, I have not talked to in a while. This week was a young lady from high school how was a very good friend to me. She sent me letters the entire time I served in the Utah Provo Mission. During or relationship we were never “romantic” just friends.

I like to talk to people to hear how their lives have changed since we talked last. See who they have become. I always hope during those conversations that I hear people who are living lives that fulfill them. That make them happy. One thing you find though is the relationship requires your effort again. People are not normally ready to open up to you like they did when you spent significant time together. I want to know how people are really doing . I don’t want them t tell me “I’m fine” they way they tell strangers on the elevator they’re fine. But, What was I really expecting? “I have cancer, I’m join to die.” Or even “My wife has been cheating on me with my best friend.” All of these statements you tell to those that you have a strong relationship with. As I really don’t have any strong current relationship I hope that I can work on building those again. Even with those that I haven’t spoken to in a while.

Zane Thor

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?