Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

A Day off of work.

Today I spent most of the day with my dear wife and my youngest daughter. We were out and about doing a bit of shopping and just hanging out. We stopped at the local market to pick up a few things. It was then that I thought about the "No Holds Barred" pinewood derby.

Every year fathers with children in the pinewood derby often think what would I do if I could build a derby car without any restrictions. Thoughts often move us into some wild thinking; cars that weigh 5 bls, narrow wheels, electric motors, CO2 tanks. But the one that has been the holy grail of this type of thinking has always been the Rocket Propelled. I shaped the car, cut a hole to hold the engine, picked up 4 single stage engines, the only thing left is to test it. Today we will launch what I'm sure will be an injury inducing car.

My wife and the kids made cookies for the families I home teach. So we'll deliever those and off to test the rocket car. Pictures of said rocket car will be posted in a few.

Zane

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?