Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

The Cub Scout Pack Meeting

I grabbed the basketball from 9 year old. Towering over him I jump for the basket. Two points. I look down to see that the one 9 year old scout has multiplied into two 9 year old scouts. One of them shouts at the top of his lungs us against you. “Ok” I thought this should be a breeze.

I grab the ball for a free throw and miss. I look down again the two nine year old turn into 8 children of varying ages. They get the ball and run a muck. My job is to stay under the hoop until they miss and then take the ball up again for my point. One of the younger kids throws up the ball and I pull down the rebound like Dennis Rodman at the NBA finals. Except when I go to take the ball out the 8 kids turns into 15 kids. All of them hanging on me like I’m the big bad wolf that must be stopped at all cost. As I try to make my way to the three point line to clear the ball my legs are tied up by 1 three year old, 2 first graders, and a partridge in a pare tree. I fall like a redwood in the California forest. Ok this is no good we need teams.

We split up into team. My son, his friend, my daughter and me stand all. All includes a 14 year old boy and like 5 cub scouts, three little sisters and a screaming banshee. It was quick game but my team passing game was the bomb. We hit three points before the other team knew what hit them. Then the moms broke up the pack meeting and we had to go home.

MOMS SUCK….. Love ya hon

Zane Thor

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?